How to Track and Monitor WhatsApp Activity and Chat
WhatsApp has become one of the most popular apps in the world. However, its position as the most used quick chat app is indisputable. The reason for its outstanding popularity is none other than the app's numerous benefits. Alongside the rise of this platform are other malicious features that may endanger users. These malicious uses are why monitoring WhatsApp chat and activities is suitable.
WhatsApp monitoring may defer between the two popular OS. Hence, this article takes you through the reasons for monitoring WhatsApp and parental tips for parents. Also, you will find how to monitor WhatsApp on your Android and iPhone below.
- Part 1: How to Monitor WhatsApp Activity on Another Phone for Free
- Part 2: How to Monitor WhatsApp on Android Phone
- Part 3: How to Monitor WhatsApp on iPhone
- Part 4: Other Recommendations for WhatsApp Monitor Apps
- Part 5: Why Should You Monitor WhatsApp Activity
- Part 6: Benefits of WhatsApp Monitoring
- Part 7: Parenting Tips for WhatsApp Safety
- Part 8: How to Know If Someone Is Monitoring Your WhatsApp
Part 1: How to Monitor WhatsApp Activity on Another Phone for Free
There are two methods to monitor your WhatsApp activity for reading text messages. They are suited to the methods for operating the social media platform. You can monitor WhatsApp via phone or the web. This section discusses these two methods.
WhatsApp Web allows users to log into their accounts on a browser. This method needs users to scan a connected QR code via their WhatsApp accounts on their phone, and then they can monitor their WhatsApp activities and chat messages on the website.
- Easy to operate
- Every time requires a scan code to connect.
Here are the steps:
Step 1. Go to WhatsApp Web.
Step 2. Open WhatsApp and click "More," and select "Link a device."
Step 3. Scan the QR code to connect to your WhatsApp account.
WhatsApp Link Device to Another Phone
You can monitor WhatsApp by linking the target device where it is being used to your phone. It will help you easily see your WhatsApp activity and chat on another phone.
- Monitor WhatsApp activity on another phone
- The account on another phone will be logged out if it didn't use for 14 days.
Here are the steps:
Step 1. On your other phone, download and install WhatsApp and click "More" and "Link a device."
Step 2. On the phone that you want to monitor the WhatsApp account, open WhatsApp, tap "More," and select "Link a device."
Step 3. Now, please scan the QR code to connect to your WhatsApp account.
Part 2: How to Monitor WhatsApp on Android
Live WhatsApp Monitor is a feature of the AirDroid Parental Control app. It is an app that allows you to monitor your kids. It will keep them safe in the physical world and online. Also, it will help them build healthy digital habits.
The app was designed for parents to monitor their kids' WhatsApp, but it works fine for any Android phone. It can work for different uses because there are a lot of incredible features on the app that are discussed below.
Ensure Online Safety
- Sync WhatsApp apps' incoming text messages
- Set keywords to detect messages sent on WhatsApp
- Detect if text messages sent in WhatsApp contain inappropriate words
- Remotely monitor kids' phone screens in real-time
- Block or restrict specific apps and new apps like WhatsApp
- Schedule when and how long they can use WhatsApp
- View your kids' daily phone activities on WhatsApp
Ensure Physical Safety
- Watch and hear what is going on around your kids
- Find your kids' current location
- Get alerts when your child enters or leaves the geo-fenced zones you set.
- Know whether your kids' phones have enough battery.
- Get notifications if there's no data update for a long time.
Steps to Use AirDroid Live WhatsApp Monitor App
Step 1. Download and install the AirDroid Parental Control app on your device. You can also visit the web version at webparent.airdroid.com directly.
Step 2. Launch the app on your device and create your account on the sign-up page. Then log in.
Step 3. Download AirDroid Kids on the target phone. After installation, launch AirDroid Kids and set up the necessary settings on the phone.
Step 4. You can see a pairing code on your device that you will enter to bind the devices. Now, you can see someone else's WhatsApp chats and activities.
Part 3: How to Monitor WhatsApp on iPhone
You can monitor the WhatsApp chats and activities of your kids, friends, and coworkers with the Hoverwatch app. This app is a suitable iOS option for monitoring multiple accounts simultaneously.
You can use it to track and record WhatsApp chats, photos, and videos. Furthermore, it helps you to monitor calls and shared links. Hoverwatch boasts an easy and clever interface. Some of its other features are discussed below.
- You can monitor your kid's WhatsApp chats and other activities without them knowing.
- You can access calls, texts, and a contact list on your kid's phone.
- Get notifications when your kid changes sim.
- You can get the real-time location of your kid through GPS and sim location.
- You can track the browser history on your child's phone.
- You can block or restrict websites and keywords on your kid's browser.
Steps to use Hoverwatch Parental Control
Step 1. Open an account by providing your email and choosing a password.
Step 2. If you have an account already, log in with your details.
Step 3. Once you are signed up, download and install the Hoverwatch app.
Step 4. Download and install the Hoverwatch app on the target phone.
Now, you can see what your kid does on WhatsApp.
Part 4: Other Recommendations for WhatsApp Monitor Apps
uMobix can monitor WhatsApp activities in real time. It gives users access to all sent and received messages on the quick chat platform. However, users need to subscribe before using it. The basic plan costs $30 per month.
- It can help retrieve deleted messages.
- It monitors all other messaging apps, like TikTok, Tinder, Facebook, etc.
- It has an organized report of everything on the target WhatsApp account.
- It is a premium app with a high cost.
Our second recommendation is a parental control app. Hence, it has other features aside from WhatsApp monitoring. Bark sends real-time alerts and copies of messages. However, it is a premium tool with a basic plan of $5 per month.
- It has a 7-day free trial.
- Its basic price is low, and it can monitor WhatsApp on unlimited devices.
- It has other features, like screen time management, site blocking, check-ins and location alerts, etc.
- If found on the target app, it can be deleted.
This app is dedicated to monitoring WhatsApp activities in real-time. You can use KidsGuard to access all types of data shared on WhatsApp, including calls and statuses. Furthermore, the app allows users to save WhatsApp media files on the target phone.
- It provides maximum access to information during WhatsApp monitoring.
- It can be hidden and renamed on the target phone for protection.
- It has a high monthly subscription rate of $20.
Our last recommendation is also a parental control app. FamilyTime Parental Control & Screen Time app gives you call the data on a target phone, including that of WhatsApp. However, it has a relatively cost-effective subscription of $27 per year.
- Users can access several other parental control features.
- It does not provide real-time monitoring of WhatsApp.
- It has no demo.
Part 5: Why Should You Monitor WhatsApp Activity
In this section, we will consider some popular malicious features on WhatsApp that make monitoring WhatsApp activities necessary.
Time management: WhatsApp can take up time for many reasons. Users can be engaged in a chat or call for several hours. Also, reading through group messages and viewing status can be time-consuming. Hence, monitoring WhatsApp will help identify how much time is spent using the app. If there are too many unproductive activities on the chat app, you can reduce the time spent on the app.
Inappropriate content: There are no restrictions on the kind of content or news sharing over WhatsApp. Unfortunately, this exposes any user, especially kids, to inappropriate content. Since it is a popular chat app, information can spread quickly.
Exposure to strangers: Given the large number of people using WhatsApp, there are also users with harmful intentions. Some users are strangers who can share inappropriate content with others on the platform.
Cyberbullying: Digitalized bullying is another reason for monitoring WhatsApp activity. Except for being bullied by their friends, users can be bullied by strangers via group chats. Bullying comes in different forms, like rumors, mean comments, video trends, etc.
Privacy: WhatsApp provides its users with a lot of privacy and high security. However, every chat room has multiple views. From any other viewing screen, a chat can be snapped, screenshotted, and shared across the platform.
Scams: WhatsApp users are susceptible to any typical scam. Usually, group chats with strangers are used as windows to get in contact. Then, individuals are targeted with spyware, money requests, catfishing, phishing, and fraudulent job opportunities.
Part 6: Benefits of WhatsApp Monitoring
If you are unsure about monitoring WhatsApp, you might want to reconsider.
- You can protect younger users against malicious content.
- You can help someone break off the addition to WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp monitoring is beneficial in limiting the risk of kids being sexually exploited.
- It helps to identify scams.
- To prevent strangers from taking advantage of people.
Part 7. Parenting Tips for WhatsApp Safety
As a parent, there are a couple of things that you can do to help your kids stay safe on WhatsApp. Below are a few tips about WhatsApp that will help you.
Encourage Open Communication
To ensure your child is not engrossed with WhatsApp all day, encourage them to speak. Family time will help a child build more relationships with other family members. Also, it will help the child overcome tendencies to be introverted, shy, and addicted to WhatsApp. To encourage such children, you would not shout at them during a conversation or ask them to be quiet.
Educate Children about Online Safety
There are several human predators online. And it is the responsibility of parents to find the best way to keep their children away from possible pitfalls. By educating them on online safety topics like cyberbullying, cyberattacks, data theft, etc., such children will be more careful online.
Control the Information Sharing on WhatsApp
You can control the information that your kid shares on WhatsApp. For instance, last seen, online status, profile picture, etc., are set by default by WhatsApp to be shared with every other user. You can turn off these features on your kids' WhatsApp to restrict how much information about your child people have.
Without turning off some features of WhatsApp, you can restrict who sees them. WhatsApp has simplified everyone on its platform into three categories for every individual. Hence, your kid can share their details with Everybody, My contacts, and Nobody. It is best to restrict details visibility to My contacts.
Be Aware of a Location-sharing Feature
Parents must be aware of a location-sharing feature on WhatsApp. If the setting is turned on, any video or image shared will show the location where it was created or taken on the map.
Schedule WhatsApp Usage
Parents can use an app lock to restrict strangers' access to their child's WhatsApp. If you give your child access to the password, you can regulate their usage.
Bonus: How to Know If Someone Monitors Your WhatsApp
You can find out if someone is monitoring your WhatsApp through WhatsApp Web. There is a history list of all your open sessions and devices. This list will let you know which devices are connected to your WhatsApp. If you see the notification "This phone could not be verified," it could mean that an unknown device is monitoring your WhatsApp.
Abnormal Conditions on Your Phone
Memory and data usage is another abnormal condition you can watch out for on your phone. If the monitoring app is on your device, it will take up more space. You can check through your active and background app to see if someone is monitoring your WhatsApp. Also, the app will be using your data.
In Case You Missed It
WhatsApp is one of the most talked-about apps. However, it has as many benefits and exposes users to dangers. The group most susceptible to these dangers does not often know. Hence, monitoring WhatsApp chats and activities is expedient.
You can monitor your kid's activities on their Android mobiles with the AirDroid Live WhatsApp Monitor app. Likewise, you can use Hoverwatch for your iOS device. Besides using third-party apps, WhatsApp has privacy features that parents can use to keep their kids safe online.