[2023 Guide] How to Cast Netflix from Phone to Laptop? Covered in Easy Ways
Netflix is one of the most popular streaming platforms in the world. Millions of people watch a variety of content on Netflix on many different devices, such as smartphones, TVs, laptops, PCs, and tablets. The accessibility of Netflix is a major factor in why it has become so popular, as it allows users to watch their favorite films and shows at any time.
However, there are many instances in which you might not be getting the full immersive watching experience on your mobile phone. In such a situation, you will want to cast Netflix from your phone to the bigger screen of your laptop.
If you are also looking for some of the best ways to cast Netflix from phone to laptop, you are in the perfect place. Keep reading to learn about the top 2 methods you can use to do it.
1Why Cast Netflix From Phone to Laptop?
Casting Netflix from your Android or iOS mobile device to a laptop can be useful in many situations, such as:
Whatever the situation might be, you can use some reliable methods and tools to cast Netflix from your smartphone to your laptop.
23 Easy Methods to Cast Netflix From Phone to Laptop
Following are the top 4 methods you can use to cast Netflix from your smartphone to your laptop.
Using Chromecast to Cast Netflix
Using Chromecast to cast Netflix from your Android or iOS phone to your laptop is a reliable method of enjoying Netflix on your laptop. Chromecast is available for mobile phones with Android 4.4 or higher and iPhone 6 and higher.
It is quite easy to set up. You have to follow these four simple steps:
- Connect your smartphone and laptop to the same Wi-Fi connection and make sure the internet is stable.
- Open and sign in on your Netflix app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Cast icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- A list of available devices will appear, including the different Chromecast-enabled TVs and laptops. Select your laptop name from this list.
- Select the movie or show you want to watch, and broadcasting will start quickly on your laptop.
- Enjoy screen mirroring Netflix from your phone to your laptop!
It is quite easy to use Chromecast because it is available on most modern devices. If it's not working, you should make sure that your mobile phone is up-to-date and the network connection is stable.
Nevertheless, there are certain issues associated with Chromecast, such as limited compatibility for all smartphones and frequent disconnection issues if the internet is not stable that will adversely affect the streaming experience. In such a situation, it becomes important to use some other reliable method of casting Netflix from phone to laptop.
Using Netflix Mobile Plan
Another method of mirroring Netflix from a phone to a laptop is through the Netflix Mobile Plan. Compared to the other methods, it is a complicated and technical process to cast Netflix from a phone to a laptop.
Keep in mind that only those users who have subscribed to the Netflix Mobile Plan can use this method. As a result, the reach of this method is limited. It requires you to download the Scrcpy software. It is a screen mirroring software through which you can control your phone’s screen from a system operating on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
First of all, download ADB and Scrcpy on your laptop, extract them, and follow these steps to cast Netflix from your phone to your laptop using the Netflix Mobile Plan.
- Open Settings on your Phone and choose About Phone / Device.
- Tap on the Build Number about six to nine times to open the developer mode.
- Scroll through the list to find Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging.
Once the USB debugging has been enabled on your smartphone, you have to follow these steps on your laptop to start casting Netflix:
- Initiate the ADB setup and make sure it’s not giving any type of error.
- Connect your phone to your laptop via a USB cable.
- Select FTP mode.
- Start Scrcpy software on your laptop.
- The screen of your phone will start appearing on your laptop.
- Open the Netflix app on your phone and start watching the content on your laptop.
3Bonus – How to Cast Netflix from Phone to TV?
Other than casting Netflix from your smartphone to your laptop, it is possible that you cast Netflix on an even bigger screen of your TV with third-party software like AirDroid Cast Web. However, it's important to note that certain Netflix content may be copy-protected and may not be available for casting or downloading. Therefore, it's important to ensure that the Netflix content can be cast before proceeding.
4Final Take & FAQs about Casting Netflix From Phone to Laptop
There are clearly multiple ways of casting Netflix from your Android or iPhone device to your laptop. If you follow the detailed steps discussed above, you should have no issue in successfully casting Netflix on your laptop. You can try these different methods to choose the one that suits you.